Wk 6 – Progress

I felt that the open workspaces were developing nicely, so I focused on the laboratory and administrative spaces this week. I went back to the earlier idea of a linear organization of the labs, but tried to introduce the translated squares (which guided last weeks effort). This allowed for the creation of small, secondary spaces adjacent to the testing rooms, great for researcher prep or lounges for test subjects.

It may sound as if I’ve been working a great deal in plan, but quite the opposite is true.  I started by playing with the small rip and tear models from several weeks ago, eventually discovering a way of translating the square geometry. I then moved into SketchUp to work in 3D while simultaneously sketching spacial arrangements in section.

Advertisements
Tagged , , , , , , , , ,
%d bloggers like this: